INCREASE EXPOSURE WITH CONSORTIA AND TMCs
Your hotel will be listed in each program directory and website, and will have a special rate access code through the GDS.
Greater Booking Potential
Travel agents look first at participant hotels when selecting the right property for their clients.
These same travel agents generally make higher than Average Daily Rate bookings.
New Marketing Opportunities
Each program contains several opportunities to generate exposure, leading to increased revenue.
WHAT ARE CONSORTIA AND TMCs?
Consortia and Travel Management Companies (TMCs) are large groups of Travel Agencies often driven by multinational companies that have joined together to form a Consortia. Originally started to assist smaller Travel Agencies, Consortia have grown to become major players in the travel industry. By joining Consortia and TMCs, Travel Agencies can increase the effectiveness of marketing to their customers by offering competitive rates at hotels worldwide.
By participating in Consortia and RFP Services, your RFP process becomes more streamlined and effective because you won’t spend valuable time responding to bids, worrying about missed deadlines, or dealing with incomplete RFPs.
Each program has a list of requirements and fees for participation, but standard requirements include:
- A minimum of 10% off Best Available Rate
- Rate parity among all programs
- Last room availability guarantee
- 10% commission
- All rates quoted are to be guaranteed for the entire year, unless otherwise noted
WHY PARTNER WITH SHR Group?
Centralized Invoicing | RFP Management and Support | Automated Rate Loading
- Cvent RFP management tool with Direct Access to Consortia, TMC and Corporate RFPs
- Assurance of Cvent property profile and consortia rates accurately set for bids
- Release and response to all selected Consortia and TMC programs on your behalf
- Centralized program invoicing—all programs, one invoice
- Data management and rate mapping in GDS or Windsurfer CRS for all submitted rates
- An assigned team to manage RFPs on your behalf
- Receive a informative toolkit and quarterly production reports
Download the data sheet for Consortia and TMCs.
Case Study | The Georgetown Inn
The Georgetown Inn reports that Windsurfer is the number one source of revenue for their hotel now. In fact, they set a revenue record in 2015, and again in 2016. “It’s the different way we’re doing things now because of the system,” Dave said.Learn More
A New Era in CRS
Estella Hale comments on an article claiming the era of the CRS is over.Read More
Got to Have It
Learn about the top ten must-have features your hotel booking engine needs to stay competitive.View Webinar
The Georgetown Inn
See how we helped this hotel better understand its revenue strategy.See Case Study
Ready to Find Your Best Distribution Strategy?
Contact our sales reps, and they’ll walk you through a personalized demo of solutions, tailored to help you grow your hotel business. Learn how to maximize your distribution channels and optimize your revenue management by taking full advantage of our decades of experience in the hospitality industry.Contact Sales
Not Convinced Yet?
Check out our library of hospitality industry resources, including recorded webinars, whiteboard sessions with hospitality experts, and videos of SHR Group clients sharing how they’ve overcome some of their toughest challenges.Learn More